Articles written by Darryl McCullough (unless otherwise noted)

Sunday, March 1, 2015

New Home, Same Address

If you are reading this, then you have seen the new MRFC website. Our heartfelt thanks go to MRFC member Celeste Welch for becoming our new webmaster. She has been managing our Facebook page for quite a while, and now has put in a considerable effort designing and implementing the new website. A number of club members have already praised it, and I couldn't agree more. The site will be a major asset for the club as we move into tree sale season and beyond.

For those of you who use RSS feeds, the site now has them in Atom and RSS2 formats.

The new site has our archive of newsletters, but unfortunately we have not been able to transfer the blog archive, at least so far. I still have the files of my own posts, and over time I can put some of the better ones back up with the dates of their original appearances. Of infinitely greater value was the archive of Pete Ray's posts, but at least some of these appear in the newsletters.

Sunday night will remain the night for my weekly posts, but I do hope for an occasional night off if other members can contribute a post now and then. We have such a wealth of knowledge in our club--- the kinds of hands-on experience that is hard if not impossible to find on the internet--- and it would be a wonderful service to share it with a wider audience. Just email me a draft [to Darryl the Treasurer, address on the "About" page, or to the club's email], and I'll be happy to edit and post it. Or just send me an idea or a link to an interesting article. I'll credit you, of course, and you will enjoy the appreciation of all of our readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment